Engineered hardwood flooring is a great alternative to hardwood. Engineered hardwood looks new longer and has many amazing options that are more affordable than solid hardwood. So examples are wide plank, chattering and beveled edges. Engineered hardwood looks just like solid hardwood and can last almost as long. Some climates are actually better suited for engineered hardwood. If you are interested in engineered hardwood flooring, you have come to the right place. Herein is information about engineered hardwood that will hopefully make your flooring decision a little bit easier.
Engineered Hardwood Pros
- Can be refinished at least once
- Timeless look
- Positive impact on resale value
- Cost effective compared to solid hardwood
- Easier to install versus solid hardwood
- Can be glued, nailed or floated
Engineered Hardwood Cons
- Expensive versus laminate
- Harder to install versus laminate and vinyl
- Not ideal in wet environments
- Dents easily
- Limited refinishing options
Engineered hardwood flooring is a great look in any home. It is very similar to hardwood except cost-effective due to the ease of install and the lower cost of materials. It is also easier to maintain and has more options than traditional hardwood.
If you are considering engineered hardwood flooring, call us today! We offer a free consultation that should make your flooring purchase smooth and stress-free (aka fun).