Laminate flooring is without a doubt the best bang for your buck. Laminate flooring uses a composite, usually MDF or similar, and has a flooring pattern printed on a very durable surface layer. Laminate is harder than any real wood and is virtually dent proof. Modern laminates not only simulate a pattern, but can also simulate a texture. Laminate flooring can look high-end without breaking the bank and can last a long time.
If you are considering laminate flooring, there are some pros and cons we can cover here.
Laminate flooring pros
- Cost-effective versus hardwood and engineered hardwood
- Wide variety of patterns and textures
- Durable against moisture
- Easy to install; usually floated
Laminate flooring cons
- Experts such as realtors can tell it’s laminate
- Not a big impact on resale value
- Cannot be refinished
- Really should be installed with a pad
- Not waterproof
If you are considering laminate flooring, let us help. We can walk you through our consultation process so you can determine if laminate flooring is best for your needs.