Solid hardwood flooring is a very traditional flooring option. It looks great and can last for generations. If you are interested in hardwood flooring, you are in the right place. Here we have included all the information to help make your flooring purchase an easier decision.
- Can be refinished several times
- Timeless look
- Positive impact on resale value
- Less risk of warping versus engineered hardwood
- Padding not required
- Can be glued or nailed
- Expensive versus other options
- Harder to install versus laminate and vinyl
- Cannot be floated
- Less control over accoustics
- Not ideal in wet environments
- Dents easily
Hardwood flooring is a great look in classic homes. It preserves the look of the other original details. There are also great options for modern homes. Every flooring option has that versatility, but hardwood is most prudent in homes where the originality is a part of the aesthetic, such as Victorian homes. Hardwood is also a great option in high-end homes, especially where an emphasis is placed on organic materials.
If you are considering hardwood flooring, call us today! We offer a free consultation that should make your flooring purchase much easier.